204-2.01: Licenses and Permits
(1) Every applicant for a license or permit, either individually or
as a member of a partnership or association, shall furnish proof of
his citizenship by production of a certificate of birth, naturalization
or as a registered voter.
(2) Every application for a license or permit made by an individual
shall be signed by the applicant therefor, who shall give his or her
full name and home address.
(3) Every application for a license or permit made by a partnership
shall state the full names and home addresses of all the members of
the partnership and shall be signed by a majority thereof.
(4) Every application for a license or permit made by an association
shall be signed by a majority of the members of the governing body thereof,
who shall state their full names and home addresses.
(5) Every applicant for a license or permit required by the provisions
of Section 5, Chapter 110, General Laws, to file a certificate stating
the real name of a person conducting a business, shall file with his
application a certified copy thereof.
(6) Every application for a license or permit made by a corporation
shall state the full names and home addresses of the president, treasurer,
clerk and secretary, directors and manager or other principal representative
of the corporation. It shall be signed by some officer duly authorized
by a vote of its board of directors or other similar board. A copy of
such vote certified by the clerk or secretary of the corporation, together
with a copy of the certificate of its organization, shall accompany
the application. A copy of the vote appointing its manager or other
principal representative shall also accompany the application.
(7) All applications for licenses and permits shall be made upon blanks
furnished by the licensing authorities, shall be fully answered in detail
and shall be typewritten or legibly written in ink. Applications written
in pencil, in whole or in part, will not be accepted.
(8) All applications shall be made under the penalties of perjury and
any false statement contained in any application shall be a cause or
ground for refusing to grant the license or permit or for suspending,
cancelling or revoking a license or permit already granted.
(9) Every application made to local licensing authorities which in
any way has to do with a license for the sale of alcoholic beverages,
other than an application for the straight renewal of such license,
shall be filed in duplicate and one copy thereof shall accompany notice
of any favorable action taken thereon by the said authorities when the
same shall be forwarded to the Commission. In the case of an application
upon which adverse or no action is taken by such authorities, the duplicate
copy shall not be forwarded to the Commission, except upon request,
following the filing of an appeal with respect thereto.
(10) Every license or storage permit shall be displayed on the premises
covered by the license or permit, in a conspicuous place where it can
easily be read. Every salesman permit shall at all times be carried
on the person of the holder of the permit while he is engaged in the
solicitation of orders for alcoholic beverages.