204 CMR 6.00:
(1) For purposes of 204 CMR 6.03, "item" shall mean a case of distilled spirits product identified by brand or trade name and by the name of the distiller, size of containers, age and proof (if stated on the label), and number of containers in the case; or a case of wine identified by brand or trade name; or a case malt beverages identified by brand or trade name.
(2) No wholesaler shall sell to any retailer, and no retailer shall purchase from any wholesaler, any brand of alcoholic beverages unless a price list shall have been furnished by the wholesaler to the retailer and the original of such price list shall have been filed with the Commission, in the manner hereinafter provided.
(3) A copy of each wholesaler's price list shall be furnished to each retailer prior to the month in which the prices and discounts set forth in such price list are to be effective. The original of the price list shall be filed with the Commission no later than 5:00 p.m. on or before the fifth day of each month and only those prices and discounts set forth therein, or amended in accordance with the provisions of 204 CMR 6.05, shall become effective on the first day of the calendar month following the filing of such price list and shall be in effect for that calendar month only. A new complete price list shall be filed by wholesalers each month.
(4) Each price list shall identify the wholesaler filing it by name,
address and license number and shall be in the form prescribed by the
(6) A wholesaler shall be deemed to be in compliance with the requirement of furnishing his price list to each retailer whether he uses the direct mail method or causes his prices to be published, within the time prescribed for the filing of such price list with the Commission, in a specialized trade publication approved by the Commission.