The application period has closed. Thank you for your interest in this grant.
The purpose of this RFP is to request proposals from Massachusetts non-profit service programs that specialize in DV/SA prevention (providers) to partner with and provide intensive support services to schools. We will select one provider for each designated region (Northeast, Metro, Central, Western, Southeast, and Cape & Islands), and each provider will work intensively with five schools in their respective region.
Requirements of Providers
- Have experience providing preventative DV/SA educational programming in high schools;
- Participate (may send up to five staff ) in their respective regional training institute;
- Hire or assign a designated, specially trained full-time staff member to help deliver and support the violence prevention programming in the region’s selected schools;
- Develop an ongoing role with the schools, including helping to provide classroom education, training other school staff, delivering parent programming, working with the administration on policy, and offering services for students and families dealing with violence and abuse;
- Participate in an evaluation conducted by an outside evaluator, to gauge whether individual youth participants had changes in attitudes, knowledge, and beliefs around interpersonal violence; and
- Be committed to viewing its agency’s involvement in the initiative as a way to help schools sustain violence prevention programming long-term, beyond the grant funding cycle.
The AGO anticipates six awards of up to $45,000 each to six DV/SA service providers (one award per region).
Duration of Grant
September 2016 – June 2017.
Providers are also expected to attend the initial 3-day institute for their region (anticipated to be held in the winter of 2016).