Legal Food Frenzy 2013
Help Fight Hunger in Massachusetts!
Please sign up to participate file size 1MB in Massachusetts' fourth annual "Legal Food Frenzy" sponsored by the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office in partnership with the legal community.
The Legal Food Frenzy is a benevolent competition within the legal community to raise funds and collect food to benefit food banks and their member agencies, food pantries and shelters during the spring, a traditionally slow time for donations
The third annual Legal Food Frenzy benefited all four Massachusetts Food Banks - The Greater Boston Food Bank, Merrimack Valley Food Bank, Worcester County Food Bank, and The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts. These four Food Banks serve more than 800 food pantries, soup kitchens, and shelters that help feed hungry families across the Commonwealth. Over 60 law firms, law schools and legal associations participated in the competition in 2012 and collectively raised 430,000 pounds of food (which includes its equivalent in monetary donations), providing an additional 331,000 meals for hungry families in Massachusetts. See photos from the 2012 kickoff and the 2012 Legal Food Frenzy Cup award winners here.
In 2013, the Legal Food Frenzy will continue to benefit all four Massachusetts Food Banks and donations will serve the entire Commonwealth. The competition will be held from April 29, 2013 - May 10, 2013.
In these tough financial times, the role of food banks have become even more crucial as more and more Massachusetts residents are seeking help to put food on the table. There continues to be a significant need for more food, and the spring is the time of year when contributions are typically at their lowest.
Read the full report released by The Greater Boston Food Bank on hunger in Massachusetts here.
Our goal for the 2013 "Legal Food Frenzy" is to bring in 500,000 pounds of food (or its equivalent in monetary donations) during the two week campaign.
What is the "Legal Food Frenzy"?
- Legal organizations sign up file size 1MB to participate.
- A volunteer coordinator from each organization receives campaign posters, creative (and fun) fundraising tips and guidance on how to run a campaign.
- Non-perishable food items and money are collected during the "Legal Food Frenzy" campaign period. Note: $1 raised is treated as the equivalent of four pounds of food collected.
- The legal organization that raises the most food and/or money per capita (most food/money raised as a percentage of total employees) during the two week period is awarded the Legal Food Frenzy Cup, a trophy which is presented by the Attorney General at a public event, in recognition of the winning organization's commitment to fighting hunger.
- The winning organization's name is engraved on the trophy.
- The Legal Food Frenzy Cup is held by the winning organization for one year.
How can I participate?
Click the link to find out more about the rules and some ideas .
This is a great opportunity to help hungry families in these tough times. We encourage you join in our efforts and help make a difference in someone's life today.