The following dependants of veterans may qualify for Chapter 115 benefits:
- Spouse of the veteran.
- Widow or widower of the veteran.
- Dependent parent of the veteran.
- Any person who acted as a parent to the veteran for five years immediately preceding the commencement of the veteran's wartime service.
- Child of the veteran until his or her 19th birthday.
- Child of the veteran between 19 years and 23 years of age while the child is attending high school, an institution of higher learning or some other accredited educational institution provided that the applicant is in receipt of benefits under the provisions of M.G.L. c. 115.
- Child of the veteran 19 years of age or older who is mentally or physically unable to support himself or herself and was affected by the disability prior to his or her 18th birthday.
- Legally adopted children of the veteran.
NOTE: Veterans and their dependants may be required to apply for federal benefits for which they are eligible before being eligible for state benefits under Chapter 115.
For applications, contact your local veterans' agent.