Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2011 at 4:45 P.M.
Open Meeting Law Advisory Commission
Notice of Meeting
Meeting Date: Thursday, May 12, 2011
Location: 100 Cambridge Street, 2nd Floor, Conference Room D, Boston, MA
Listing of Topics
- Open Meeting (Chair)
- Review and approval of draft minutes from November 29, 2010 meeting
- Report from the Attorney General's Division of Open Government
- Status on remote participation
- Status on the Division's definition for public body
- Update on Open Meeting Law trainings
- Update on electronic access to Attorney General's opinion letters and other changes to the Open Meeting Law website - www.mass.gov/ago/openmeeting
- Briefing on Attorney General's request for public comment following OML 2011 - 11 Freetown Soil Conservation Board
- Discussion on bills pertaining to the Open Meeting Law currently pending in the Legislature
- H. 1734: An Act Relative to the Open Meeting Law
- H. 830: An Act Amending the Open Meeting Law
- H. 848: An Act to Include the Legislature in the Open Meeting Law
- H. 2594: An Act Relative to Open Meetings
- S. 1627: An Act Relative to the Accountability of the Governor's Council
- H. 3037: An Act Relative to the Open Meeting Law
- S. 14: An Act Relative to the Reform of the Executive Council
- Discussion on possible regulation of the definition of a public body
- Discussion on posting of agenda items on meeting notices (per OML 2011 - 11)
- Items not reasonably anticipated by the Chair 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
- Scheduling next meeting.
If any member of the public wishing to attend this meeting seeks special accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact Philip Mantyla at 617-963-2055, or at Philip.Mantyla@state.ma.us.