Attorney General Martha Coakley's Office to Represent Ratepayers at Hearings Regarding National Grid's Proposed Gas Rate Hike
The hearings will take place at the following times and locations:
- Barnstable - May 25, West Village Elementary School, 7:00 p.m.
- Acton - May 26, Acton Town Hall, Faulkner Room , 7:00 p.m.
- Boston - May 27 , Department of Public Utilities, One South Station, Second Floor 7:00 p.m.
- Haverhill - June 1, Haverhill City Hall, 4 Summer Street, 7:00 p.m.
- Quincy - June 2, Quincy City Hall, City Council Chambers, 7:00 p.m.
- Lynn - June 3, Lynn City Hall, City Council Chambers, 7:00 p.m.
- Lowell - June 7, Lowell City Hall, City Council Chambers, 7:00 p.m.
Copies of the written testimony submitted to the DPU by the Attorney General's Office will be available to the media. A DPU decision is expected by November 1, 2010 .
The Attorney General serves as the ratepayer advocate and is authorized to intervene in administrative and/or judicial proceedings on behalf of consumers in connection with any matter involving the rates, charges, prices or tariffs of any gas company doing business in the Commonwealth.