For Immediate Release - May 01, 2013

Jamaica Plain Man Pleads Guilty, Sentenced in Connection with Drug Trafficking

BOSTON – A Jamaica Plain man has pleaded guilty and been sentenced in connection with drug trafficking and possession of methamphetamine, Attorney General Martha Coakley’s Office announced today.

Christopher Cadman, age 34, of Jamaica Plain, pleaded guilty yesterday in Suffolk Superior Court to charges of Trafficking in Morphine, Trafficking in Oxycodone, Possession with Intent to Distribute Methamphetamine (subsequent offense), and Distribution of a Class B substance. After the plea was entered, Suffolk Superior Court Judge Jeffery Locke sentenced Cadman to five to seven years in state prison, with three years of probation upon his release.

“This defendant was selling numerous narcotics, including methamphetamine, a highly addictive and dangerous drug,” said AG Coakley.  “He has now been taken off our streets and we will continue to work to address public safety threats to our neighborhoods.”

In March 2011, as part of a joint investigation into the distribution of methamphetamine in the Boston area conducted by the AG’s State Police Detective Unit, with assistance from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, authorities received information that Cadman was selling methamphetamine and other narcotics from his residence in Jamaica Plain.

During the course of the investigation, authorities confirmed that Cadman was selling narcotics out of his residence. In May 2011, a search warrant was executed at Cadman’s residence where several types of narcotics, drug paraphernalia, drug distribution paraphernalia and several thousands of dollars in cash were seized.

Cadman was placed under arrest at the scene and subsequently arraigned in West Roxbury District Court where bail was set at $100,000. He was indicted by a Suffolk County Special Grand Jury on June 30, 2011 and arraigned in Suffolk Superior Court on July 7, 2011. He pleaded guilty to the charges Tuesday and was sentenced to five to seven years in state prison, followed by a three-year term of probation.

This case was prosecuted by Assistant Attorney General Marina Moriarty, of AG Coakley’s Enterprise and Major Crimes Division. It was investigated by Massachusetts State Police assigned to the Attorney General’s Office and the Drug Enforcement Administration. 


Follow us on Twitter – View our Photos – Visit our Website