The Attorney General's Office uses several social media tools for outreach, education and information. These online tools help the office reach more residents with helpful consumer and safety information, and are intended to enhance, but not replace, the office's interaction with constituents and the media. Direct media inquiries should be directed to the Press Office at (617) 727-2543, and consumer complaints to the Consumer Advocacy & Response Division (CARD) at (617) 727-8400.
Twitter is a free microblogging site that allows users to send and read other users' short updates (up to 140 characters in length). To view our Twitter page, please visit https://twitter.com/MassAGO.
We use our Twitter account in many ways, and our focus is to provide timely, relevant consumer information, share news about our work, and highlight other consumer tips or information provided by local, state, and federal authorities.
- The official handle for the AGO’s Twitter account is @MassAGO.
- The AGO may follow the types of accounts listed below:
- Federal, State, and Local government/elected officials/employees
- Members of the Press and various news services
- Schools and Universities
- Partners and stakeholders
- Legal Organizations
- A follow from the AGO does not constitute any form of an endorsement, formal or otherwise.
- The AGO may retweet, however this also does not constitute any form of an endorsement.
- Updates are primarily sent by a staff team at the AGO. A tweet from the Attorney General will be followed by "-MH."
- We try to respond to questions or comments made on Twitter, but we are not able to respond to all. We can only accept formal complaints via e-mail, phone (617-727-8400), or mail, so if you have an inquiry or complaint, please be sure to contact us directly!
We post photographs from events to our official Flickr page. We are responsible solely for the content uploaded to the official Flickr webpage, and not for any related photos or photos linked from other users, nor for any advertising or other content contained on the Flickr website. Please review Flickr's Privacy Notice and Terms of Service. For questions about our use of Flickr, or to request use of a photo for media publication or another purpose, please email email@example.com.
We often post video footage to our official YouTube channel. We are responsible solely for the content uploaded to the official YouTube channel, and not for any related videos or linked videos linked from other users, nor for any advertising or other content contained on the YouTube website. Please review YouTube's Privacy Notice and Terms of Service. For questions or information about our use of YouTube, or to request use of a video, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.