To qualify for PCMH PRIME certification, a practice must:
- Be located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Be a Level 2 or Level 3 NCQA-recognized PCMH under 2011 standards, a NCQA-recognized PCMH at any level under 2014 standards, or an NCQA-recognized PCMH under 2017 standards.
- Complete and submit a short application to the HPC, available at bit.ly/HPCPRIME.
- Submit documentation to NCQA to be evaluated on the PCMH PRIME behavioral health criteria (practices are not charged for PRIME review). Eligible practices must meet at least seven of 13 criteria to achieve PCMH PRIME certification. Visit www.ncqa.org/programs/recognition/practices/pcmh-prime for more information.
- Practices may submit PCMH PRIME surveys under the 2016 version of the standards through November 16, 2017. A summary of the 2016 standards may be found here and a full version of the standards and guidelines is available in the NCQA store.
- Beginning November 17, 2017 all practices must follow the 2017 version of the PCMH PRIME standards. A summary of the 2017 standards may be found here and a full version of the standards and guidelines is available in the NCQA store.
- Technical assistance may be available to support practices in developing the capabilities needed to meet the PCMH PRIME criteria. More information about technical assistance can be found here.
If you have questions about PCMH PRIME, email HPC staff at HPC-Certification@state.ma.us.