To qualify for PCMH PRIME certification, a practice must:
- Be located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Be a Level 2 or Level 3 NCQA-recognized PCMH under 2011 standards, a NCQA-recognized PCMH at any level under 2014 standards, or an NCQA-recognized PCMH under 2017 standards.
- Complete and submit a short application to the HPC, available at bit.ly/HPCPRIME.
- Submit documentation to NCQA to be evaluated on the PCMH PRIME behavioral health criteria (practices are not charged for PRIME review). Eligible practices must meet at least seven of 13 criteria to achieve PCMH PRIME certification. Visit www.ncqa.org/programs/recognition/practices/pcmh-prime for more information.
- Technical assistance may be available to support practices in developing the capabilities needed to meet the PCMH PRIME criteria. More information about technical assistance can be found here.
If you have questions about PCMH PRIME, email HPC staff at HPC-Certification@state.ma.us.