The deadline for all proposals has passed. Thank you for your submissions.
What is the NAS Investment Opportunity?
The NAS Investment Opportunity is an initiative for eligible birthing hospitals in Massachusetts to develop and/or enhance programs designed to improve care for infants with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) and for women in treatment for opioid use disorder during and after pregnancy.
The goals of this Investment Opportunity are to:
- Test a fully integrated model of postnatal supports for families with infants diagnosed with NAS, integrating obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, primary care, behavioral health, social work, and early intervention programming to provide full family care in the hospital and the community after discharge
- Increase use of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) for opioid use disorder for women during and after pregnancy
- Demonstrate that cost-savings and quality improvement are achievable together through an integrated delivery model to care for infants with NAS and their family unit
What does this Investment Opportunity Fund?
The HPC anticipates making up to $3,500,000 available for this Investment Opportunity. There are two categories of funding:
|Category A||Inpatient quality improvement bundle ("delivery to discharge")||Up to $500,000 is available for one or two awards of up to $250,000 each|
|Category B||Inpatient quality improvement bundle ("delivery to discharge") and an extension of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) "Moms Do Care" initiative. Click here to learn more about the "Moms Do Care" initiative.||Up to $3,000,000 is available for up to three Category B awards of no more than $1,000,000 each|
Who is eligible to apply?
Eligibility for the NAS Investment Opportunity is established through criteria specified by Chapter 46 of the Acts of 2015 and pursuant of M.G.L. c. 29, 2GGGG; 958 CMR 5.00 from the Distressed Hospital Trust Fund (for Applicants eligible for the CHART Investment Program. Non-CHART Birthing Hospitals (Category A) are eligible entities and CHART Birthing Hospitals (Category B) are eligible entities.
How can my organization apply?
- NAS – Round 1 RFP Amendments Memo – NEW 4/5/16
- NAS - Request for Proposals - 3/2/2016 file size 1MB
- NAS - RFP - Attachment A, Exhibit 1 - Driver Diagram Template
- NAS - RFP - Attachment A, Exhibit 2 - Performance Measures Template
- NAS - RFP - Attachment A, Exhibit 3 - Budget Proposal Response - Category A - UPDATED 4/5/16
- NAS - RFP - Attachment A, Exhibit 3 - Budget Proposal Response - Category B - UPDATED 4/5/16
- NAS - RFP - Attachment B, Exhibit 1 - Commonwealth Terms and Conditions
- NAS - RFP - Attachment B, Exhibit 2 - Standard Contract Form and Instructions
- NAS - RFP - Attachment B, Exhibit 3 - Contractor Authorized Signatory Form file size 2MB
- NAS - RFP - Attachment B, Exhibit 4 - HPC Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Archived - NAS - RFP - Attachment A, Exhibit 3 - Budget Proposal Response - Category A
- Archived - NAS - RFP - Attachment A, Exhibit 3 - Budget Proposal Response - Category B
What if I have further questions?