The deadline for all proposals has passed. Thank you for your submissions.
What is the Telemedicine Pilot Initiative?
The Telemedicine Pilot is an opportunity for eligible carriers and health care providers to propose initiatives that will implement telemedicine-based services to enhance access to behavioral health care for any of the following populations in Massachusetts with unmet behavioral health needs:
- Child and adolescents
- Older adults aging in place
- Individuals with substance use disorders
What does in Initiative fund?
The HPC will make up to three awards of up to $500,000 to eligible applicants with a total funding opportunity of $1,000,000.
Who is eligible to apply?
Eligibility for the Telemedicine Pilot is established through criteria specified by Section 161 of Chapter 46 of the Acts of 2015; M.G.L. c. 29 2GGGG; 958 CMR 5.00. Health care providers, provider organizations, and carriers are eligible entities, and may partner with other market participants to effectively deliver behavioral health care to the selected population.
How can my organization apply?
- Telemedicine – Round 1 RFP Amendments Memo – NEW 4/5/2016
- Telemedicine - Request for Proposals - UPDATED 4/5/16
- Telemedicine - RFP - Attachment A, Exhibit 1 - Driver Diagram Template
- Telemedicine - RFP - Attachment A, Exhibit 2 - Performance Measures Template
- Telemedicine - RFP - Attachment A, Exhibit 3 - Budget Proposal Response - UPDATED 4/4/16
- Telemedicine - RFP - Attachment B, Exhibit 1 - Commonwealth Terms and Conditions
- Telemedicine - RFP - Attachment B, Exhibit 2 - Standard Contract Form and Instructions
- Telemedicine - RFP - Attachment B, Exhibit 3 - Contractor Authorized Signatory Form file size 2MB
- Telemedicine - RFP - Attachment B, Exhibit 4 - HPC Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Archived - Telemedicine - Request for Proposals - 3/2/2016
- Archived - Telemedicine - RFP - Attachment A, Exhibit 3 - Budget Proposal Response
Where can I learn about designing a telemedicine pilot?
Many foundations and organizations have toolkits and recommendations for how to design a telemedicine-based health care service. The HPC does not endorse specific approaches. A few resources include:
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources HRSA Proceedings Report: Increasing Access to Behavioral Health Care Through Technology
- The California Telehealth Resource Center (CTRC) Program Developer Kit
What if I have further questions?