- Mr. Rick Lord (Interim Chair)
- Dr. Donald Berwick
- Ms. Veronica Turner
- Mr. Renato Mastrogiovanni
- Secretary Kristen Lepore, Executive Office of Administration and Finance
What is the Focus of CHICI?
- Overseeing the development and administration of the CHART Investment Program for community hospital transformation
- Developing strategies for engaging with key stakeholders and the public on the implementation of Chapter 224
- Overseeing the development and administration of competitive grant program to foster the development and evaluation of innovative health care delivery, payment models, and quality of care measures
- Helping consumers navigate health care cost and quality and monitoring price transparency requirements
- Monitoring and reporting on developments in health insurance product design, including high deductible health plans
CHICI in Action
- Community Hospital Acceleration, Revitalization, and Transformation (CHART) Investment Program: CHART is a reinvestment program funded by an assessment on large health systems and commercial insurers that will make phased investments in eligible Massachusetts community hospitals to enhance their delivery of efficient, effective care. CHART Phase 1 disbursed $10 million to prime community hospital across the Commonwealth for system transformation. The program is in the midst of Phase 2 implementation, which will invest $62 million over three years. The CHICI Committee gets regular updates on hospital performance under the CHART program.
- High Deductible Health Plan Report: Under the guidance of the CHICI Committee, the HPC published A Report on Consumer-Driven Health Plans: A Review of the National and Massachusetts Literature, in April 2013, as mandated by Chapter 224.
- Health Care Innovation Investment (HCII) Program: The CHICI Committee is engaging in extensive dialogue with market participants to identify the highest-need areas for payment and care delivery reform that are not adequately addressed by policy, the market, or current investment programs.