Members (in alphabetical order):
1. Paul Hattis
2. Rick Lord
3. Veronica Turner
4. Jean Yang
5. Secretary Lepore, Administration and Finance
This committee will provide oversight and direction to the Executive Director and staff of the Health Policy Commission for the following responsibilities:
- Develop and administer a competitive grant program to enhance the ability of certain distressed community hospitals to meet system transformation.
- Develop strategies for engaging with various constituencies and a communications plan for educating providers, businesses, consumers, and the general public regarding the implementation of Chapter 224.
- Develop strategies for helping consumers navigate health care cost and quality, especially in light of additional information required under Chapter 224.
- Conduct an investigation and make legislative recommendations relative to increased adoption of flexible spending accounts, health reimbursement arrangements, and health savings accounts, as required by April 2013.
- Monitor and report on developments in health insurance product design regarding the impact of tiered or selective networks and high-cost sharing plans on out-of-pocket costs to individuals and families and on patient access to quality care.
- Work with other state agencies to minimize duplicative requirements.