The Health Policy Commission (HPC) encourages you to use the form below to make a public records request. This helps ensure the most expeditious and accurate response to your request. Otherwise, requests may be made in writing and delivered by hand, by mail, or by electronic mail. While requests for public records may be made orally, in person, at the HPC offices at the address listed below, such requests may not be the subject of an appeal to the Supervisor of Records. Telephone requests may be accepted at the discretion of the HPC’s Records Access Officer.
Requestors must ensure that all requests include a reasonable description of the requested record so that the HPC’s Records Access Officer can identify and locate the record promptly. Please consider how you can narrow the scope of your request to expedite the production process. The first four hours of work performed to respond to a public records request will be performed at no cost. After that, the HPC may charge up to $25/hour.
The HPC must adhere to the law requiring us to secure personally identifiable information and prevent unwarranted invasions of privacy as well as other laws requiring confidentiality. Documents containing such information must be redacted carefully before releasing, expanding the time needed for production. Please consider how you might revise your public records request to exclude records containing such information.
Records Access Officer
Lisa Snellings, Assistant General Counsel
Health Policy Commission
50 Milk Street, 8th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
Phone: (617) 979-1409
Records Available on HPC’s Website
The HPC makes available on its website many types of records that may be of interest to members of the public. Potential requestors may use the search tool at the top, right-hand corner of the website to find documents they wish to obtain. The following links direct members of the public to a select few of the many records available on the HPC website:
- Public meetings of the HPC’s 11-member Board are held throughout the year. At these meetings, Board members receive a high-level overview of major work streams at the HPC and discuss topics relevant to the HPC’s work in Massachusetts health care cost containment. The Board’s final votes, including those authorizing regulations, publications, agency budgets and large contracts, may be found in the slide decks and meeting minutes, available on the HPC’s website.
- All of the HPC’s reports, including the annual Cost Trends Reports and the OPP Annual Reports, may be found on the HPC’s website.
- The HPC regulations are listed on a dedicated page of the HPC’s website in numerical order based on the CMR number. Notices of proposed regulations, when the HPC is seeking public comment, as well as notices of public hearings are listed on the regulations page of the website.
- The HPC operates two grant programs that make investments in community hospitals and innovative models that deliver better health and better care at a lower cost. The CHART and HCII grant program awardees may be found on the HPC website.
- CHART Awardees
- This link provides information about bids and state contracts: https://www.commbuys.com/bso/