The Operational Services Division (OSD) is an oversight agency of the Commonwealth within the Executive Office for Administration and Finance. OSD is comprised of several units which administer a broad range of activities. These include:
- Strategic Sourcing Services - Establish and manage Statewide Contracts (SWCs) for goods and services that meet the broad needs of Commonwealth buyers;
- COMMBUYS Operations - Support online commerce between government purchasers and businesses through the Commonwealth’s electronic Market Center, COMMBUYS;
- Enablement Team - Provides outreach assistance to local government purchasers to support their purchasing and procurement activities through SWCs and COMMBUYS;
- Supplier Diversity Office – Certifies minority, women, and disadvantaged business enterprises and manages several business programs that enable diverse and small firms to participate and be more marketable in the public bidding arena;
- Environmentally Preferable Products (EPP) Procurement Program - Promotes the purchase of EPPs to state and local agencies and departments throughout the Commonwealth;
- Office of Vehicle Management - Responsible for the acquisition, administration, leasing, maintenance, and repair of the Executive Branch fleet of light duty and passenger vehicles;
- Commonwealth Print Services - Offers on-demand printing and copying and graphic design and poster production services from our in-house print shop;
- Surplus Property Program - Ensures the Commonwealth receives best value for items that no longer meet Agency needs;
- Special Education Pricing - Responsible for setting tuition prices for approved special education programs in Massachusetts private schools;
- Training Department - Provides training to public sector buyers and the business community on the COMMBUYS Market Center and all OSD programs and services;
- Audit and Quality Assurance - Support Purchase of Service contract vendors and Executive departments in achieving and maintaining compliance with laws, state regulations, and OSD policies;
- Marketing, Communications, and Events - Coordinate outbound messaging to buyer and business communities; manage the OSD website; represent OSD at events for buyers and vendors; and plan, manage, and execute the annual MASSbuys Expo.
Help our government and business customers succeed in meeting their goals by providing outstanding customer service, competent advice and guidance, objectivity in our work, and make available to our customers high quality products and services that exceed the expectations of those whom we serve.