COMMBUYS bridges the connection between vendors and municipal organizations across Massachusetts. Use the COMMBUYS online platform to buy from Statewide Contracts (SWC) and streamline purchasing and procurement activities.
The Local Government Enablement Team: Bringing COMMBUYS to Your City or Town
The Local Government Enablement Team is a resource for municipal organizations. Team members regularly visit with municipal decision makers around the Commonwealth to explain Statewide Contract products and services and help organizations leverage COMMBUYS to simplify their purchasing and procurement processes. Tap into everything OSD can offer through the Local Government Enablement Team.
Learn more file size 1MB about the Local Government Enablement Team's free consultative services. Contact the Team to get additional information or set up a time to meet by emailing COMMBUYSEnablement@state.ma.us.
New Tradespersons Statewide Contract TRD01
The Operational Services Division has launched TRD01 - the first of several Trades Statewide Contracts that will eliminate the need to conduct time-consuming and costly procurements in pursuit of a wealth of trade services. Get more information about TRD01 in the Contract User Guide . Learn more about our Tradespersons initiative and refer your trade vendors to mass.gov/trades.
Statewide Contracts & 30B - Did You Know?
The Office of the Inspector General has provided the following guidance: purchases made from Statewide Contracts procured through the Operational Services Division are exempt from the requirements of 30B. M.G.L. c. 30B (1)(c) allows municipal entities to purchase products or services from Statewide Contracts (SWC) without seeking bids or quotations. Users must comply with use guidelines provided for each SWC. For 30B questions, contact the Office of the Inspector General: 617-722-8838 or 30BHotline@massmail.state.ma.us. View our list of Statewide Contracts and link to our Contract User Guides.
Exclusive Benefits through Statewide Contracts
Ordering goods and services through Statewide Contract (SWC) can offer significant benefits. Most SWC vendors offer prompt pay discounts, and most all SWCs have exclusive benefits. For example:
- VEH98 - Purchase of Light Duty Vehicles – Passenger Cars, SUVs, Trucks, Vans, SSVs and PPVs: Every vehicle is delivered with three sets of keys, a full tank of gas, and license plates;
- ITC66 - Copiers, Printers, and Related Devices: Minimum 1-hour onsite user training, 4-hour service response time, and a lemon clause that provides 36 months of protection against repeated failures (4 incidents in 4 weeks or recurring related problems);
- PRF59 – Card Processing Services: The vendors on this contract establish merchant accounts to assist with credit and debit card acceptance, merchant services, and certification on the web, IVR, point of sale, kiosk, and mobile channels; provide competitive per-item rates and convenience fee program rates; support complete end-to-end reporting; and provide technical support of the payment system. Entities do not need staff to maintain the system.
Every SWC has a contract user guide that provides important information for buyers, including a contract summary and category names, benefits and cost savings; who is eligible to use the contract; pricing and purchase options (how to order); counties or regions; vendor list; and general contract information. Questions regarding specific SWCs should be directed to the contract manager noted in the contract user guide for that SWC.
What’s New on Statewide Contract?
Statewide Contract product and service categories include Tradespersons, Energy, Facilities Maintenance and Repair, IT, Vehicles, Professional Services, among others. Link to our Contract User Guide page to get details on all available Contracts. Here’s a sample of our newer additions:
- First of several Trades Contracts – TRD01 – providing Boiler, Drain, Electrical, Fencing, General Contracting, Generator/Turbine, Glass/Window/Door, HVAC/Sheet Metal, Painting, and Plumbing services.
- Building Maintenance, Repair, and Operations – FAC100 (replaces FAC76)
- Copiers, Printers, Scanners and Related Devices and Services – ITC66
- Equipment Maintenance Program – ITS67
- Small Package Delivery and Logistics Services – OFF46
Learn which contracts and vendors offer PunchOut catalogs and find PunchOut catalog resources.
Get Notified When Grants are Posted in COMMBUYS
Don’t miss out on Grant opportunities. Automatically receive Grant posting notifications by establishing a Vendor profile in COMMBUYS. Go to COMMBUYS.com and click the Register link. Be prepared to provide the name, address, email, and Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) for your organization. Use the UNSPSC commodity code for Grants (00-00-00) in your profile. An investment of a few minutes will ensure you know about all Grant opportunities posted in COMMBUYS.
News for the Local Government Community
OSD periodically publishes information on topics of interest to the local government community delivered to your inbox, including our monthly publication, Buy the Way. It’s simple to subscribe and unsubscribe. Take a moment to sign up!
Visit the COMMBUYS Resource Center for a consolidated view of buyer resources.