The scope of this class provides an introduction to COMMBUYS, new terminology, system navigation, policy and instruction to purchase from Statewide or Department contracts. This course covers how to search for specific goods and services, select items, compare prices, create a requisition, and process an approved purchase order. Staff responsible for purchasing goods or services from the Statewide or Department Contracts should attend this course. This is a half day class, 9am-12:30pm or 1:00pm-4:30pm.
Students will learn to:
- use COMMBUYS to search for items/services and create a request using a Requisition document
- search for specific items/services using a line item or a punch-out catalog
- convert the approved Requisition to a Purchase Order or Bid depending on the intent of the purpose
- create Change Order records
We are using Eventbrite for course registration. It is an easy-to-use on-line registration software that will facilitate the enrollment process. To register, follow these easy steps:
- Click on the link below to register for a class. Check with your COMMBUYS Liaison if you have questions.
- Once in Eventbrite, select a convenient day/time by choosing the “select a day to attend” dropdown arrow.
- Enter all requested information such as name, location, and email address.
- Submit your registration request.
- You will receive an email confirming your course enrollment. It’s that simple!
Important Note: as classes reach maximum enrollment, dates will become unavailable in Eventbrite.
Register by location/date:
View Training Room information on the Location Information page.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.