Join the COMMBUYS Community!
The state’s procurement and purchasing activity takes place in COMMBUYS. Set up a COMMBUYS vendor profile to receive solicitation notices in your areas of interest, submit quotes, and transact business with the Commonwealth.
COMMBUYS registration is free and takes a few minutes. Go to www.commbuys.com and click the Register link to begin.
- Find a complete description of the registration process in the COMMBUYS Vendor Registration job aid file size 1MB or view our COMMBUYS registration webcast.
- Have your business’ legal name, address, email, and tax identification number readily available.
- All vendors must select at least one United Nations Standard Products and Services Code (UNSPSC) when setting up their vendor profile in COMMBUYS. UNSPSCs identify the goods/ services your business offers and vendors are notified about business opportunities posted in COMMBUYS based on their UNSPSC choices, so selections are important. Note that UNSPSCs may be updated at any time.
- The individual holding the Seller Administrator role manages the vendor’s profile in COMMBUYS. When registering, Seller Administrators additionally may check off the Seller role to receive and respond to bidding opportunities or may designate the Seller role to other staff.
- Vendors have the opportunity to identify as a small business when registering in COMMBUYS by meeting certain qualifying criteria. The Small Business Purchasing Program (SBPP) supports the growth of the small businesses in Massachusetts by directing state spending for non-construction goods and services to SBPP-participating COMMBUYS vendors. Review the SBPP qualifications here. Refer to the COMMBUYS Vendor Registration job aid file size 1MB for a list of the SBPP qualifying questions and information vendors should have on hand during registration if they wish to apply.*
- COMMBUYS Help Desk staff are available to assist with your registration questions. Email the Help Desk at email@example.com or call 888-627-8283 (888-MA-STATE).
* Please note: Among other criteria, your company must have its principal place of business in Massachusetts to qualify for the Small Business Purchasing Program.
Q: Why am I being asked to change my password following registration?
A: Be advised that our routine security protocol will prompt you to change your password every 60 days, as well as on the first occasion of your logging into the COMMBUYS system. Passwords must be at least eight characters in length and contain at least one number and one letter.
Q: What if I want to update my profile?
A: Seller Administrators may update their vendor profile at any time. Go to Job Aids for Vendors and select COMMBUYS Seller Administrators for guidance.
Q: May I elect to have more than one email address for bid opportunity notifications?
A: Vendors only may specify one email address in their registration profile. If you would like multiple staff to receive COMMBUYS notifications, we suggest creating a group distribution email so multiple individuals receive notifications.
Q: If I don’t apply for SBPP membership at the time of registration, may I apply at a later date?
A: Yes, get detailed instructions in the COMMBUYS Vendor Registration job aid file size 1MB.