COMMBUYS is a collaborative, transparent and accessible market center connecting your business to the Massachusetts government buyer community.
COMMBUYS supports online commerce between government purchasers and business. Massachusetts government agencies, a segment of the Commonwealth’s public purchasing community, annually spend over a billion dollars on a vast array of goods and services. Other Massachusetts public sector buyers include dozens of colleges, hundreds of municipalities, police and fire departments, and thousands of schools across the state. Take a few minutes to become a COMMBUYS vendor.
COMMBUYS Advantage at a Glance
The COMMBUYS portal reaches a growing community of Massachusetts public purchasers. COMMBUYS benefits include:
- Free, online business profile that classifies the goods and services you offer;
- Exposure to thousands of Massachusetts public purchasers;
- Automated bid notifications in your area(s) of interest sent to your inbox;
- Management of the procurement life cycle from posting, to bid submission, to award;
- Electronic delivery of purchase orders for quick and easy order fulfillment;
- Detailed transaction history through online audit trail; and
- Identification as a participant in the Small Business Purchasing Program (SBPP)* a designation that may make your organization more marketable in the public bidding arena (if applicable).
Register to become part of the COMMBUYS business community today!
Learn About Bidding Opportunities
Vendors have several ways to learn about open Statewide Contract and Departmental solicitations, as well as upcoming OSD procurements:
- Establish a free vendor profile in COMMBUYS to receive automatic emails about opportunities that are aligned with your business’ products and services. Get registration resources.
- Manually search COMMBUYS using the publicly available Open Bids or Contract and Bid Search links;
- Reference OSD’s Procurement Schedule, a document that details upcoming Statewide Contract procurement activity. Please note: The bid process generally begins 3-6 months in advance of expiring Statewide Contracts.
Take a Few Minutes to Become a COMMBUYS Vendor
Your free registration in COMMBUYS will ensure your business doesn’t miss out on bidding opportunities. Go to COMMBUYS.Com and click the Register link to get started. Use these resources to learn more:
- Vendor Registration webcast
- Vendor Registration job aid
- Your COMMBUYS business profile will identify the products and services you offer through the United Nations Standard Products and Services Code (UNSPSC) classification system. Watch our UNSPSC webcast to learn how to select UNSPSCs to receive email notifications in your designated area(s) of interest. Investigate UNSPSC codes by category using the UNSPSC Look-up Tool available on COMMBUYS.
- COMMBUYS Help Desk Staff are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at COMMBUYS@state.ma.us or 1-888-627-8283.
Small Business Purchasing Program (SBPP)
Executive Order 523 established the Small Business Purchasing Program to encourage state agencies to consider small businesses when purchasing goods and services. Find out if your business meets the eligibility requirements for the Small Business Purchasing Program (SBPP). Apply for the SBPP during your COMMBUYS registration using the COMMBUYS Vendor Registration file size 1MB Job Aid. If you are already a registered COMMBUYS Vendor, file for SBPP designation using the How to Complete SBPP Registration: Guidance for Seller Administrator job aid.
Additional Vendor Resources
- Learn about what the state buys by viewing current Statewide Contract User Guides and the Statewide Contract Index .
- Sign up to receive OSD Vendor communications.
- Access our schedule of complimentary training classes .
- Find additional COMMBUYS Resources.
- Review guidance on How to Become a Statewide Contractor.
- Learn about certifications available through our Supplier Diversity Office.
- Locate our directory of SDO Certified Businesses and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Enterprises certified through VetBiz.