State departments purchase services for Commonwealth clients, such as residential services (group homes, shelters, etc.), counseling, special education, employment and training, health care, and other supportive services. The following publications and policies are meant to guide departments in procuring human and social services, as well as to assist providers in complying with state and federal requirements.
Policies & Regulations
- 808 CMR 1.00, Compliance, Reporting and Auditing for Human and Social Services - sets forth compliance, reporting and auditing requirements for human and social service programs purchased by State departments, as well as private special education programs subject to OSD pricing.
- General Audit and Compliance Requirements - provides a general overview of the audit requirements and policies. It is intended for departments, contractors and other interested parties.
- Audit Resolution Policy - provides policy and procedures for use by departments and contractors for addressing the findings and recommendations in independent auditor's reports issued in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS). (Corrective Action Plan (CAP) Template)
- OSD Update 08-03 - Purchase of Service (POS) Capital Items Procurement Policy - provides assistance to human and social service contractors in acquiring capital items of furnishings and equipment.
- Employment and Training Specifications for Certain Request for Responses - contains required Request for Response (RFR) specification language pertaining to selected employment and training services contracts with human and social service providers.
- Discharge Planning Specifications for Certain Request for Responses - contains required Request for Response (RFR) specification language pertaining to discharge planning for Purchase of Service (POS) contracts with human and social service providers, aimed to "Ensure Consistency in Discharge Planning among the Commonwealth's Vendors ." (created by Working Group on Discharge Planning: Moving Beyond Serving the Homeless to Preventing Homelessness).
- Multi-Year Contracting for Human and Social Services - provides guidance to departments planning, procuring, establishing and managing appropriate long-term contractual relationships with contractors through multi-year contracting.
- Purchase of Service Attachment Instructions for Human and Social Services - contains step-by-step instructions for completing Purchase of Service attachments 1-6.