HOW DO I…
S-1. Retrieve my forgotten Login ID or Password credentials?
A Login ID or Password is only needed if you are a SmartBid subscriber.
Otherwise the Comm-PASS site is free and open to the public.
If you are a SmartBid subscriber who has forgotten your Login ID or password, use the Retrieve links displayed under the login fields on the home page of Comm-PASS.
The system will ask you to provide information you entered when you created your account, then email you the information to the email address on record.
Be careful! The system will lock you out if you make three unsuccessful attempts to retrieve your credentials in a single visit.
S-2. Re-activate my account after locking myself out?
To re-activate your account, email the Comm-PASS HelpDesk at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you email this request we will need to authenticate your identity in one or more of the following ways:
- Verify the answer to your secret question and/or login ID
- Verify your email address is the same as what is listed on the account. If not, you must copy the account holder in your message.
- Verify your email address is from your company's domain with a copy sent to another colleague at the same site.
S-3. Change my Login ID, Password, and/or Secret Question?
In order to manage any information associated with your account, you must first login to SmartBid.
Once you are logged in successfully, select the Profile tab offered on the navigation bar.
Select the appropriate Change link to modify your account information.
S-4. Change my Contact Information?
Be advised that changing Contact Information for your Comm-PASS SmartBid account does not change any Contact Information related to your contract, vendor, or payment records in Comm-PASS or any other system. To change your company's official contact information, contact the Comm-PASS record Issuer.
To change your SmartBid information:
- Login to SmartBid
- Select the profile tab offered on the navigation bar
- Select the Edit Contact information link
- BE sure to select SAVE.
S-5. Create or modify my Areas of Interest in order to receive email notifications?
You will not receive Comm-PASS notifications unless (1) you have selected at least one Area of Interest in your Profile and (2) your email provider recognizes email@example.com as a "safe" sender.
Establish Areas of Interest
- Login to SmartBid and select the Profile tab
- Select Edit Areas of Interest
- Select the checkbox to the right of a Category
- Select the checkbox to the right of one or mor subcategories
- Select SAVE or your selections will not be added!
Still no Notifications?
- Login to SmartBid
- Select the "You have X Notifications that were sent today" from your desktop, even if the counter reads zero.
- If there are notices on this page or within the Notifications Sent in the Last 30 Days page, then an email was sent to your email address of record.
- If you did not receive it, select the My Profile tab, then contact information to confirm that your email address is entered correctly.
- if the email address is correct you should check with your email provider or system administrator to ensure that mailengine@comm-pass is being treated as a "safe" sender and not SPAM.
S-6. Find an Online Forum (Bidders' Conference) so I can submit a question?
Be advised that Online Forums are the sole vehicle for written questions associated with OSD Statewide procurements.
Anyone with Internet access can submit questions to the Forum via the Ask a Question link between the Q/A Start and End Dates.
Forums are always associated with Open Solicitations, so select the Forums tab, then:
- Select the Search for Forums option if you know the Solicitation Document Number, or
- Select the Browse All Active Forums if you know the Issuer's Entity/Department
S-7. Renew my subscription to SmartBid?
SmartBid will send a reminder and instructions to your email address on record with instructions for re-subscribing. These reminders are sent two weeks, one week, and one day prior to account expiration.
You may re-subscribe for the following year-long period at any time by logging in, selecting the My Profile tab option, and then selecting the Renew Subscription link.
If your subscription should lapse before you renew, you will automatically be directed to the online re-subscription process the next time you try to login to SmartBid.
Your account is always retained, so you could login in one day, one year, or one decade after your account expires, and the system will direct you to the re-subscription process.