Find a variety of EPP publications, reports, case studies, guidance documents and policies.
Environmentally Preferable Products and Services Guide : This guide provides up-to-date details on existing state contracts for EPPs, including contract terms, vendor names and numbers, and pricing, when available. In addition, information on how to use state contracts, tips on writing green specs, definitions, and model buy recycled policies are included.
EPP Products and Services Quick List : A quick alphabetical listing of EPP products ad services, including the name of the contract, the Sourcing Lead and contact information, in addition to the contract expiration date taken from the Environmentally Preferable Products and Services Guide.
Flyer - Recycling Possibilities on Statewide Contract file size 2MB
MA EPP Program Annual Reports:
These reports highlight the accomplishments of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Environmentally Preferable Products Procurement Program:
- 2015 Annual Report MA EPP Program file size 1MB
- 2014 Annual Report MA EPP Program file size 1MB file size 1MB
- 2013 Annual Report MA EPP Program file size 1MB file size 1MB
- 2012 Annual Report MA EPP Program
- 2011 Annual Report MA EPP Program file size 12MB
- 2010 Annual Report: MA EPP Program file size 16MB
- 2009 Annual Report: MA EPP Program file size 11MB
Toxics Reduction Task Force Progress Reports
These reports provide an update on the progress made by the interagency Task Force to implement the directives of Executive Order 515 . For more information, see Toxics Reduction Under Executive Order 515 .
- 2016 Calendar Year Report of the Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Toxics Reduction Task Force
- 2015 Calendar Year Report of the Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Toxics Reduction Task Force
- 2014 Calendar Year Report of the Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Toxics Reduction Task Force
- 2013 Toxics Reduction Task Force Progress Report
- 2012 Toxics Reduction Task Force Progress Report
- 2011 Toxics Reduction Task Force Progress Report
- 2010 Toxics Reduction Task Force Progress Report
- Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR) : This case study reviews the purchase of performance shell jackets and fleece made from 100% recycled plastic.
Remanufactured Toner Cartridges
These case studies highlight agency success in transitioning to remanufactured toner cartridges:
- Soldiers Home : This case study reviews The Chelsea Soldiers Home success in using green cleaners.
- Cleaning the Bathrooms : This fact sheet was created by the Toxics Reduction Task Force for the purpose of providing clear and simple guidance as well as additional resources on cleaning and disinfecting restroom facilities.
- Going Green with Cleaning at DCR/MassParks: Bradley Palmer State Park : This case study reviews the Park’s successful transition to using green cleaners.
- Contract User Guides: These user guides make it easier for all customers to read and understand the key aspects of the each contract, in order to make informed decisions and more easily place orders.
- Massachusetts EPP Glossary of Terms : Terms and definitions used in the EPP program.
- Toxics Reduction Task Force Alternative Approval, November 2014 : The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Toxics Reduction Task Force and the FAC85: Environmentally Preferable Products, Programs, Equipment and Supplies Strategic Sourcing Team has approved the following standards for use in the FAC85: Environmentally Preferable Products, Programs, Equipment and Supplies contract.
- Toxics Reduction Task Force Alternative Approval Form : This form is to be completed and submitted by vendors for an alternative product/service/technology review”
- Approved Green Products List for FAC85: This is an Approved List of Green Cleaning Products that contains all the products offered on the Massachusetts multi-state statewide contract FAC85:Green Cleaning Products, Programs, Equipment and Supplies. The purpose of this list is to assist users in finding and comparing green cleaning products, supplies, and equipment. The link will take you to the Master MBPO for FAC85 in COMMBUYS where all contract documents are located, and choose the file titled “FAC85 Approved Products List”. NOTE: If there are any discrepancy in pricing between this list and the pricing indicated for a vendor on COMMBUYS.
- Attachment A: Mandatory Specifications and Desirable Criteria for FAC85 : The FAC85 sourcing team developed mandatory specifications and desirable criteria for all products offered on FAC85. For a product to be listed, it must meet these environmentally preferable specifications.
- How to Use Massachusetts Contracts for Pollution Prevention in Schools : Designed to help schools tap into the resources established by OSD to help schools comply with the key environmental, health and safety regulations and help schools go beyond compliance and make significant strides towards making their environment a healthier place for the students.
- Cleaning For Healthy Schools – Infection Control Handbook (2010): Designed to help develop and implement effective infection-control practices while minimizing the use of, and exposure to, toxic products. It is intended to be used by school personnel, including facility managers, head custodians, administrators, nurses, and purchasing agents, when customizing their school program.
- Contacts and Resources : Additional Green Cleaning information and resources.
Remanufactured Toner Cartridges:
- OFF32 Remanufactured Toner Cartridge FAQs : This Frequently Asked Questions reviews some of the most asked questions regarding the ITD Enterprise Printer Cartridge Acquisition Policy.
- Remanufactured Printer Cartridge Resolution Guidance : Developed jointly by ITD/OSD, this guidance reviews steps agencies can take to resolve issues when using remanufactured toner cartridges.
- Bidder Current Environmentally Preferable Products/Practices Form
- Environmentally Preferable Products (EPPs) Procurement Program General Information, Requirements and Guidance
- Minimum Environmentally Preferable Products and Services Specifications Guide
- ITD Enterprise Printer Cartridge Acquisition Policy (10/27/2012): This Policy establishes requirements for the purchase and recycling of laser printer toner cartridges.
- Draft Model Environmentally Preferable Product (EPP) Procurement Policy : This policy has draft language and other recommendations for developing an EPP Procurement Policy.