The following is a list of questions and answers regarding the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Statewide Contract 1% Administration Fee.

  • What is the Administration Fee?
  • The Administration fee paid by vendors to the Commonwealth is based on 1% of the total dollar amounts, adjusted for credits or refunds, paid by Eligible Entities to the Statewide Contractor based on your statewide contract.

  • Who has to pay the Administration Fee?
  • All active vendors on statewide contracts are subject to the administration fee.

  • How is the Administration Fee Paid?
  • Effective January, 2013, all vendors must pay the Administration Fee electronically through a secure dedicated website.  Prior to the Administration Fee due date for each quarter, vendors will receive an e-mail from OSD that provides a link to the secure payment website along with a specific control number that must be used to submit your payment.

  • Is there a list of eligible entities?
  • Eligible entities include, but are not limited to: a) Cities, towns, districts, counties and other political subdivisions; b) Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches, including all departments and elected offices therein; c) Independent public authorities, commissions, and quasi-public agencies; d) Local public libraries, public school districts, and charter schools; e) Public hospitals owned by the Commonwealth; f) Public institutions of higher education; g) Public purchasing cooperatives; h) Non-profit, UFR-certified organizations that are doing business with the Commonwealth xlsx format of Eligible Non-Profits
; i) other states and territories with no prior approval by the State Purchasing Agent required; and j) other entities when designated in writing by the State Purchasing Agent. 

  • When is the administration fee due?
  • Quarter

    Payment Period

    Quarterly Payment Due Date

    First Quarter

    January 1st – March 31st

    May 15th

    Second Quarter

    April 1st – June 30th

    August 15th

    Third Quarter

    July 1st – September 30th

    November 15th

    Fourth Quarter

    October 1st – December 31st

    February 15th

    The Administration Fee is based on full calendar quarters (Payment Periods) and must be received by OSD on or before 45 days after the last day of the Payment Period (as specified below) or a contractor will be considered in breach of contract:

  • What if I never received payments for that quarter do I still have to report something?
  • Contractors are required to submit one Statewide Contract Administration Fee Report for each Statewide Contract for each Payment Period, even if no payment is due for the Payment Period.  The Statewide Contract Administration Fee Report for the applicable payment period must be completely filled out, signed electronically, and emailed to  

  • Where is the Administration Fee form located?
  • The form is located on the OSD Forms page.

  • What is a Control Number?
  • The Control Number is the specific number you will receive from OSD every quarter in order to make your payment.

  • Can I pay my fee early without a control number?
  • No.

  • Does every payment require a Control Number?
  • Yes.

  • What if I lose my Control Number?
  • If you lose your email notice that contains the Control Number, you can email the administration fee auditor at requesting a copy of your notice with the Control Number.  Please include your company name, contract number and vendor code in the email requesting your Control Number.

  • Where should I mail my Administration Fee report?
  • OSD is no longer accepting reports or checks by mail.  Payments must be made through the secure payment center and all reports without a payment are required to be emailed to the administration fee auditor at

  • Where should I email my Administration Fee report?
  • The Administration fee report can be emailed to the administration fee auditor at

  • If I am a vendor on multiple contracts can I make one payment for all contracts?
  • No.

  • How will I know if my payment was received?
  • You will receive a payment receipt once your payment has been processed.

  • Is my information secure?
  • Yes.

  • Can a vendor request an extension?
  • No.

  • Can I pay my fee if it is under $50?
  • Yes.  If the total Administration Fee due for the Payment and Reporting Period is less than $50, a Statewide Contractor may either carryover that balance to the next Payment and Reporting Period until the cumulative amount owed is $50 or greater or a Contractor may choose to pay the amount.

  • Where can I find my contract number?
  • Your contract number is located in the notice you received - it is three letters and two numbers (ex. ABC23).

  • Where can I find my vendor code?
  • Your vendor code is located in the notice you received at the bottom right, (ex. Vendor Code [10 digits]).

  • What if my contract starts or expires in the middle of a quarter?
  • Quarterly payments will include any periods less than a full calendar quarter if a contract does not start at the first day of a quarter or end on the last day of the quarter.