SCHOOLS & PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Take advantage of IT hardware, telephone, and Internet discounts on four Statewide Contracts by Wednesday, March 26
The federally-funded E-Rate program gives schools and public libraries discounts generally ranging from 20-90 percent on:
- IT hardware.
- Telephone (local and long distance call charges and cell phone service).
- Telecommunications (data circuits, ethernet hubs, routers, certain network file servers).
To obtain a discount using Statewide Contracts ITC47, ITC54, ITT46, and ITT50, you must file a series of forms with E-Rate’s Schools and Libraries Division :
- The Commonwealth has already filled out Form 470 for each of these contracts. Copies of Form 470 as certified by the FCC are located on the “Forms and Terms” tab of each of these contracts in Comm-PASS.
- Note that although the funding year for each Form 470 reflects the year in which it was filed, the Form identifies the underlying statewide contract as a multiyear contract and remains valid for the life of the statewide contract.
- Once you’ve picked out a vendor, fill out and submit Form 471, referencing the appropriate Form 470.
- Then fill out and submit Form 486 to say that service delivery has started.
IF YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT:
Data Cable Products and Services
LOOK UP THIS STATEWIDE CONTRACT ON COMM-PASS.COM:
Local and Long Distance Telephone
Or contact Strategic Sourcing Services Manager: Tim Kennedy, 617-720-3102, firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about E-Rate: http://www.usac.org/sl/