The mission of the Group Insurance Commission (GIC) is to provide high-value life, health and other insurance benefits to state employees, retirees, and their survivors and dependents. The GIC also covers housing and redevelopment authorities as well as certain municipalities that participate in health-only benefits.
The GIC offers the following benefit programs:
- A diverse array of health insurance options
- Term life insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) insurance
- Dental/Vision coverage for managers, legislators, legislative staff and certain Executive Branch employees
- Dental coverage for retirees
- Discount vision program for retirees
- Health Care Spending Account (HCSA)
- Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP)
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission.