- Watch the Annual Enrollment video to find out the steps to take during Annual Enrollment and ways to save money on your health care.
- These comprehensive guides provide an overview of the choices available to you. Active Employees - see the GIC Coordinator in your benefits office for a printed version of the guide. Retirees and survivors receive the guide at their home. Transportation and Municipal enrollees joining the GIC will receive their guide through their benefits office.
- GIC eligible employees and retirees are invited to provide feedback at the annual public hearing, which takes place in February.
- Open Enrollment gives new municipal members an opportunity to review their GIC Health Plan options and enroll in a plan.
- If you are a new GIC-eligible employee, you can enroll in GIC benefits within 10 calendar days of your first date of employment.
- During annual enrollment, eligible state employees, participating authority, charter school, and planning council employees may choose from the following options.
- Retirees and Survivors of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, participating authority, charter school, planning council, and GIC Retired Municipal Teachers (RMTs) not participating in the municipal program may choose from the options outlined.
- During annual enrollment, existing GIC-eligible municipal members may enroll in a health plan for the first time or change their health plan options.
- If you have access to non-GIC Health Insurance (for example, through your spouse) it may pay to participate in the Buy-out Program.
Options during Annual Enrollment, effective dates, eligibility, forms and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- Open enrollment for MBTA employees joining the GIC.
- If you are a retiree or survivor of a transportation agency joining the GIC, find out what your open enrollment options are.
- Forms to enroll in and change your GIC health and other benefit coverage options
- If you are a state employee looking to save money on your federal and state taxes, take advantage of the GIC's pre-tax benefits. Open enrollment for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefits takes place in the fall. Current participants MUST re-enroll to receive benefits in the next calendar year.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.