- These comprehensive guides provide an overview of the choices available to you. Active Employees - see the GIC Coordinator in your benefits office for a printed version of the guide. Retirees and survivors receive the guide at their home. Transportation and Municipal enrollees joining the GIC will receive their guide through their benefits office.
- GIC eligible employees and retirees are invited to provide feedback at the annual public hearing, which takes place in February.
- Open Enrollment gives new municipal and school district members an opportunity to review their GIC health plan options and enroll in a plan.
- During annual enrollment, eligible state employees, participating authority, charter school, and planning council employees may choose from the following options.
- Retirees and Survivors of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, participating authority, charter school, planning council, and GIC Retired Municipal Teachers (RMTs) not participating in the municipal program may choose from the options outlined.
During annual enrollment, eligible municipal employees, retirees and survivors may enroll in a health plan for the first time or change their health plan options.
Options during Annual Enrollment, effective dates, eligibility, forms and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- If you are a new GIC-eligible employee, you can enroll in GIC benefits within 10 calendar days of your first date of employment.
- Forms to enroll in and change your GIC health and other benefit coverage options
- Watch the Annual Enrollment video to find out the steps to take during Annual Enrollment and ways to save money on your health care.