Tuesday, September 3 - Friday, October 18 for Coverage effective January 1, 2014
Open enrollment gives you the opportunity to enroll in benefits if you are GIC eligible. Employees and retirees of transportation groups joining the GIC will receive their guide through their benefits office.
During open enrollment, take the opportunity to think about what you and your family need in the way of health care and other benefits. Once you choose a health plan, you cannot change plans until the next annual enrollment, unless you move out of your health plan's service area.
During open enrollment, eligible state employees from transportation departments joining the GIC for the first time may:
- Enroll in a health plan
- Enroll in basic life insurance
- Enroll in Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Enroll in optional life insurance for a coverage amount of up to eight times salary
- Enroll in GIC Dental/Vision or change dental plans if you are eligible (primarily Managers, Legislators, Legislative staff and certain Executive Office staff)
- Enroll in the Health Care Spending Account (HCSA)
- Enroll in the Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP)
Enrollment forms and required documentation, are due to your benefits office no later than extended deadline of Friday, October 18, 2013.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission.