Other Benefit Changes Effective July 1, 2017
LONG TERM DISABILITY
The GIC awarded a new contract to Unum to continue as the Long Term Disability carrier. The rates will go down by approximately nine percent, depending on your age. Now is a good time to consider applying. See Long Term Disability section for more information.
PRE-TAX FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS
- The Health Care Spending Account maximum will increase to $2,600
- In keeping with state statute, eligibility for the Dependent Care Assistance Program is changing. To participate, you must be eligible for GIC health insurance benefits.
See the FSA section for important dates and more details on this program.
The GIC awarded a new contract to MetLife to continue as the dental carrier:
- Rates will decrease;
- The annual per-person calendar year maximum will increase to $1,500 for in-network claims and $1,250 for out of network claims;
- Preventive and diagnostic services will no longer count against the annual maximum benefit;
- Periodontal maintenance cleanings coverage will increase to 100%;
- The lifetime Orthodontic maximum will increase to $1,500; and
- In keeping with industry standards, out of network claims will be reimbursed at the 90th percentile of Usual and Customary charges.
See GIC Dental /Vision section for more information.
The WellMASS wellness pilot program will end June 30, 2017. Wellness benefits are provided through the health plans. See Gym Membership discounts by plan.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .