These communications provide an overview of your benefit options. All content of the Benefit Decision Guides is available as links off this main Benefit Decision Guide page.
- Retirees and Survivors of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, participating authority, charter school, planning council, and GIC Retired Municipal Teachers (RMTs) not participating in the municipal health-only program may choose from the options outlined.
- Options for GIC RMTs during Enrollment.
- An outline of what is new for annual enrollment.
- Benefit changes for Medicare health plans effective July 1.
- Non-Medicare Retiree/Survivor Health Plan benefit changes effective July 1.
- Benefit changes for non-health benefits effective July 1.
- Information on when to enroll in Medicare Part B and how Medicare affects GIC benefits.
- An overview of your health plan options
- An overview of non-health benefits for state retirees and survivors.
Limited network plans help address differences in provider costs. You will enjoy similar benefits to wider network plans, but will save money because limited network plans have a smaller network of providers (fewer doctors and hospitals).
Health plan options for GIC RMTs and EGRs.
- For GIC Retired Municipal Teachers (RMTs - non-municipal) and Elderly Governmental Retirees (EGRs)
- Monthly premiums for GIC benefits effective July 1.
- For more information, attend a GIC Health Fair.
- The health insurance buy-out option is available twice per year.
- GIC enrollees MUST notify their benefit coordinator (Active Employees) or the GIC (Retirees and Survivors) when their personal information changes. Failure to provide timely notification of personal information changes may affect your insurance coverage and may result in your being billed for health care services provided to you or a family member.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.