You MUST Notify Your Benefits Office (active employees) or the GIC (retirees and survivors) When Your Personal or Family Information Changes

Failure to provide timely notification of personal information changes may affect your insurance coverage and may result in your being billed for services provided to you or a family member.  If any of the following occur, active employees must notify the GIC Coordinator in their benefits office; if you are a retiree or survivor, write to the GIC:

  • Marriage or remarriage
  • Remarriage of a former spouse
  • Legal separation
  • Divorce
  • Address change
  • Birth or adoption of a child
  • Legal guardianship of a child
  • Dependent age 19 to 26 who is no longer a full-time student
  • Dependent other than full-time student who has moved out of your health plan’s service area
  • Death of an insured
  • Death of a covered spouse, dependent or beneficiary
  • You have GIC COBRA coverage and become eligible for other health coverage

You may be held personally and financially responsible for failure to notify the GIC of personal or family status changes.

This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .