- Life Insurance - This amount is determined by your city/town/district.
- Life & Health Insurance with a choice of several health plans offered by the Group Insurance Commission, and either individual or family health coverage.
- Retiree Dental Plan
Enrollment: To enroll in coverage with the GIC, complete and return the following to the GIC:
- RMT application, including certification by your city/town/district of your life and/or health insurance coverage through the date of retirement.
- GIC Beneficiary Form - Form 319 (one to three beneficiaries) or G-500 (four or more beneficiaries or special designations, such as estate or trust).
- Retiree Dental Plan application (if elected)
- For family coverage, include copies of certified birth certificates and/or marriage certificates.
- NOTE: The following GIC health plans are not available to RMTs: Harvard Pilgrim Independence Plan, Harvard Pilgrim Primary Choice Plan, Tufts Health Plan Navigator, Tufts Health Plan Spirit, UniCare State Indemnity Plan/Community Choice and PLUS.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .