- Employees who want to enroll in Basic Life after the initial eligibility period has passed must wait for the next Annual Enrollment.
- If an employee is not currently enrolled in GIC coverage, complete the following by the end of annual enrollment
- During annual enrollment employees may change health plans or enroll in a GIC health plan if they are not currently enrolled. The change will go into effect that July 1.
- The Health Insurance Buy-Out option is only available during annual enrollment. Employees insured with the GIC for health coverage on January 1 of the current year, and who are still insured for health coverage with the GIC, and have comparable non-state coverage elsewhere may elect to participate in the Buy-Out program.
- During annual enrollment, or anytime during the year due to a family status change, employees may elect to opt in or out of pre-tax premium deductions.
- Insureds with Optional Life Insurance who have been tobacco-free for at least the past 12 months (have not smoked cigarettes, cigars, or pipes, nor used snuff or chewing tobacco) are eligible to apply for reduced optional life insurance rates during annual enrollment. The reduced Optional Life Insurance rate will be effective that July 1.
- Eligible employees who did not enroll in the GIC's Dental/Vision Plan when first eligible may do so during annual enrollment for coverage effective that July 1. See Dental/Vision section for eligibility details. Employees currently enrolled can elect to change the dental portion of their Dental/Vision Plan from the Indemnity Dental Plan to the PPO Dental Plan, or vice-versa.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.