Updated April 9, 2014
All GIC-eligible employees must be given a Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Notice each Annual Enrollment to let them know about how to access premium assistance if they or their children are eligible for Medicaid or CHIP.
If an employee is not currently enrolled in GIC coverage and wants to do so, complete the following and send to the GIC during the Annual Enrollment period.
Employees who want to enroll in Basic Life insurance must do so within 10 days of hire. After the initial eligibility period, employees wishing to enroll may do so only during Annual Enrollment. To enroll during Annual Enrollment:
- Instruct the employee to complete and sign Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Form-1) and Beneficiary Designation Form 319 (one to three beneficiaries) or Nomination of Beneficiary form G-500 (four or more beneficiaries or special designations e.g. estate and trust).
- Review the Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Form-1) for completeness and be sure that the date of hire and annual salary are completed before signing the form.
- Enter the basic life coverage into the MAGIC system.
- Photocopy completed forms and file them in the employee’s personnel file.
- Send the original Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Form-1) and Beneficiary form to the GIC by the Annual Enrollment deadline.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .