Updated March 24, 2015
Employees who want to enroll in Basic Life insurance must do so within 10 days of hire. After the initial eligibility period, employees wishing to enroll may do so only during Annual Enrollment. To enroll during Annual Enrollment:
- Instruct the employee to complete and sign Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1) and Life Insurance Beneficiary Form-319 (one to three beneficiaries) or Life Insurance Beneficiary Form G-500 (four or more beneficiaries or special designations e.g. estate and trust).
- Review the Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1) for completeness and be sure that the date of hire and annual salary are completed before signing the form.
- Enter the Basic Life coverage into the MAGIC system.
- Photocopy completed forms and file them in the employee’s personnel file.
- Send the original Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1) and Beneficiary Form to the GIC by the Annual Enrollment deadline.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.