Employees may apply for Long Term Disability at Annual Enrollment or anytime during the year. To apply:
- Employee must complete and sign the GIC's Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1).
- Sign the GIC's Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1) and review for completeness.
- Copy Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1) and file in the employee's personnel file.
- Send original Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1) to the GIC.
- The GIC will notify the LTD carrier of the application.
- The LTD carrier will send the employee a medical application to complete and return. If the employee does not return the Medical Evidence of Insurability, their file will be closed.
- If approved, the GIC will notify the employee and the GIC Coordinator of the effective date and will update the MAGIC system.
- If denied, the employee will receive a detailed letter of the reason for denial.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .