Employees may apply to enroll in optional life insurance or to increase their coverage up to eight times salary during Annual Enrollment or anytime during the year.
- Employee must complete and sign the GIC’s Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1).
- Sign the GIC’s Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1) and review for completeness.
- Copy Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1) and file in the employee’s personnel file.
- Send original Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1) to the GIC.
- The GIC will notify the life insurance carrier of the application.
- The life insurance carrier will send instructions to the employee to complete. If the employee does not complete the Medical Evidence of Insurability by the deadline, their file will be closed.
- If approved, the GIC will notify the employee and the GIC Coordinator of the effective date and will update the MAGIC system.
- If denied, the employee will receive a detailed letter of the reason for denial.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .