Employees may apply to enroll in optional life insurance or to increase their coverage up to eight times salary during Annual Enrollment or anytime during the year.
- Employee must complete and sign the GIC’s Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Form-1).
- Sign the GIC’s Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Form-1) and review for completeness.
- Copy Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Form-1) and file in the employee’s personnel file.
- Send original Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Form-1) to the GIC.
- The GIC will notify the life insurance carrier of the application.
- The life insurance carrier will send a medical application to the employee to complete and return. If the employee does not return the Medical Evidence of Insurability, their file will be closed.
- If approved, the GIC will notify the employee and the GIC Coordinator of the effective date and will update the MAGIC system.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .