An employee can change from family to individual coverage within 60 days of a qualifying status change following procedures below.

The employee must complete and sign the following:

For Health Insurance:

  • GIC Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1)

Documentation of qualifying event required.

The employee must provide proof of where the spouse and/or dependents will be covered for health insurance before the changes will be allowed.  Acceptable proof of other coverage for the spouse and/or dependents includes a copy of other health insurance card or a letter from the spouse’s employer on their letterhead.  Without this proof the GIC can deny the request for coverage change.  In the case of death, a copy of the death certificate is required.

For Dental/Vision:

  • Dental/Vision Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1DV)

For All Changes:

  1. Verify that the forms above are completed accurately and completely.  Ensure that both you and the employee have signed and dated all forms.
  2. Enter the change in the GIC MAGIC System.
  3. Photocopy completed GIC forms and proof of other health coverage and file them in the employee’s personnel file.
  4. Send original signed forms to the GIC along with the proof of other health coverage.  Forms and documentation must be received at the GIC within 60 days of the event.  Qualifying forms received after 60 days are returned and the employee may re-apply during Annual Enrollment.

This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .