When an employee returns to work after a leave of absence, complete the following:
- Complete Employment Status Change Form (Form-1A) on behalf of the employee. Check block 5, Return to Payroll Deduction. Indicate the first date back on payroll.
- Photocopy the form and file it in the employee’s personnel file.
- Send the original Employment Status Change Form (Form-1A) to the GIC.
- Enter the appropriate reason on the employee’s job records on the HR/CMS or UMASS payroll system putting the employee back on payroll.
- The MAGIC interface with HR/CMS and the UMASS payroll system will automatically change the employee’s payment status to payroll deduction.
Note: If an employee is returning from a military leave of absence a copy of the Military Discharge Release is required. Send this to the GIC with Form-1.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .