If an employee is changing from family to individual coverage, follow the procedures below.
- The employee must complete and sign the following: GIC Municipal Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Form-1MUN). The employee must provide proof of where the spouse and/or dependents will be covered for health insurance before the changes will be allowed. Acceptable proof of other coverage for the spouse and/or dependents includes a copy of other health insurance card or a letter from the spouse’s employer on their letterhead. Without this proof the GIC can deny the request for coverage change. In the case of death, a copy of the death certificate is required.
- Verify that the form is completed accurately and completely. Ensure that both you and the employee have signed and dated the form.
- Update your payroll system with the new premium deduction.
- Photocopy completed GIC form and proof of other coverage and file them in the employee’s personnel file
- Send original signed form to the GIC along with the proof of other coverage.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .