Update July 10, 2013
If the employee is changing from individual to family coverage, follow the below procedures:
- The employee must complete and sign the following:
- GIC Municipal Insurance Enrollment and Change (Form-1MUN)
- Insurance Data Form (IDF)
- For spousal coverage – copy of marriage certificate.
- For former spouse – provide following sections of the legal separation or divorce decree: page with absolute date, health insurance language, signature pages, and former spouse’s address.
- For dependent coverage under age 19 – copy of birth certificate(s) – the birth certificate must show the parent-child relationship to the insured or his/her spouse.
- For dependent age 19 to 26 – Dependent Age 19 to 26 Enrollment and Change Form and a copy of birth certificate. For a handicapped dependent, a Handicapped Dependent Application. Birth certificates must show parent-child relationship to the insured or his/her spouse.
- Verify that the forms above are completed accurately and completely. Ensure that both you and the employee have signed and dated all forms.
- Update your payroll system with the new premium deduction.
- Photocopy completed GIC forms and file in the employee’s personnel file.
- Send original signed forms to the GIC.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .