If an employee moves out of or resides outside of a health plan’s service area, he/she must change health plans. To process this change:
- Have employee complete Municipal Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Form-1MUN) indicating their choice of new health plan.
- Obtain from employee proof of address change, such as utility bill or Purchase and Sale agreement.
- Photocopy forms and proof of address change and file them in employee’s personnel file.
- Send proof of address change and original signed Municipal Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Form-1MUN) to the GIC.
- The GIC will determine the coverage effective date for this change.
If an employee’s covered spouse, former spouse and/or dependent(s) moves outside or resides outside of the employee’s health plan’s service area, the entire family must change health plans to a plan that will cover the employee and his/her dependents where they reside. (Only unmarried full-time students may reside outside of a health plan’s service area.) Note that only UniCare/Basic is available throughout the country and outside of the U.S. To change the family’s coverage to a new health plan:
- Have employee complete the Municipal Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Form-1MUN) checking UniCare/Basic as their choice of a new health plan if that is the only plan available.
- Obtain from the employee proof of the former spouse’s address. For dependent age 19 to 26, have the employee complete a Dependent Age 19 to 26 Enrollment and Change Form indicating the dependent’s address.
- Photocopy forms and file in the employee’s personnel file.
- Send the original forms and proof of addresses to the GIC.
- The GIC will determine the coverage effective date of this change.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .