- Instruct the employee/survivor to complete the Municipality Insurance Enrollment and change Form (Form - 1MUN), indicating that the person is a Survivor.
- Attach a copy of the death certificate to the Form-1MUN.
- If the survivor wishes to cover a dependent age 19 or over, he/she must include a completed Insurance Data Form (IDF). If adding dependents to this coverage, the following documentation is required:
- For dependent coverage under age 19 - copy of birth certificate(s) - the GIC must be able to link dependent to insured or surviving spouse.
- For dependent age 19 or over - Dependent Age 19 to 26 Enrollment Application and a copy of birth certificate
- Verify that the forms above are completed accurately and completely. Ensure that both you and the survivor have signed and dated all forms.
- Photocopy completed GIC forms and file them in the employee's personnel file.
- Send original signed forms to the GIC.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.