If an employee is changing from family to individual coverage, follow the procedures below.
The employee must complete and sign the following.
For health insurance:
- GIC Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Form-1)
The employee must provide proof of where the spouse and/or dependents will be covered for health insurance before the changes will be allowed. Acceptable proof of other coverage for the spouse and/or dependents includes a copy of other health insurance card or a letter from the spouse’s employer on their letterhead. Without this proof the GIC can deny the request for coverage change. In the case of death, a copy of the death certificate is required.
- Dental and Vision Enrollment and Change Form (Form-1)
For beneficiary change:
- Beneficiary Designation Form (Form 319) (one to three beneficiaries) or Nomination of Beneficiary Form G-500 (four or more beneficiaries or special designations such as estate and trusts)
For all changes:
- Verify that the forms above are completed accurately and completely. Ensure that both you and the employee have signed and dated all forms.
- Update your payroll system with the new premium deductions.
- Photocopy completed GIC forms and proof of other health coverage and file them in the employee’s personnel file
- Send original signed forms to the GIC along with the proof of other health coverage.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission.