An employee can change from family to individual coverage within 60 days of a qualifying status change event following the procedures below.
The employee must complete and sign the following.
For health insurance:
- GIC Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1)
The employee must provide documentation of the qualify status change event. For example, in the case of death of a spouse or dependent, a copy of the death certificate is required.
- Dental/Vision Enrollment/Change Form (Form-1DV)
The employee must provide documentation of the qualifying status change event. For example, in the case of death of a spouse or dependent, a copy of the death certificate is required.
For all changes:
- Verify that the forms above are completed accurately and completely. Ensure that both you and the employee have signed and dated all forms.
- Update your payroll system with the new premium deductions.
- Photocopy completed GIC forms and documentation of the qualifying status change event and file them in the employee’s personnel file
- Send original signed forms to the GIC along with documentation of the qualifying status change event. Forms and documentation must be received at the GIC within 60 days of the qualifying event. Forms and documents received after 60 days are returned and the employee may re-apply during Annual Enrollment.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission .
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.