Eligibility for the GIC Dental and Vision Plan
The GIC Dental/Vision Plan is for state employees who are not covered by collective bargaining or do not have another Dental and/or Vision Plan through the state. The plan primarily covers managers, Legislators, Legislative staff, and certain Executive Office and MBTA staff. Employees of authorities, municipalities, higher education, and the Judicial Trial Court system are not eligible for GIC Dental/Vision coverage.
Annual Enrollment Options
During annual enrollment, eligible employees may enroll in GIC Dental/Vision for the first time, or change their dental plan selection.
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MetLife) is the provider of the dental portion of the GIC Dental/Vision plan. There are two dental plan options:
- The PPO Plan (also known as the MetLife Value Plan), and
- The Indemnity Plan (also known as the MetLife Classic Plan)
Both plans include MetLife’s network of dentists and offer the following in-network benefits:
- Per-person calendar year maximum benefit of $1,250
- 100% coverage for preventive and diagnostic services
- 80% coverage for basic services, such as root canals and extractions
- 50% coverage for major services, such as dental implants
With either plan, if you use MetLife's network of participating dentists, you will be able to take advantage of negotiated fees, even after you have exceeded your annual maximum.
! - The GIC recommends that you check to see whether you and/or your dependents receive all of your dental care from a participating MetLife dentist:
- PPO Plan (MetLife Value): If you and/or your dependents receive all of your care from a participating MetLife dentist, this plan will help you save on monthly premium costs and will also usually lower your out-of-pocket costs. However, if you are in the MetLife Value (PPO) Plan and you go out of network, you will need to satisfy a $100 deductible and the benefit levels are slightly lower.
- Indemnity Plan (MetLife Classic): If you and/or your dependents do not always visit participating dentists, choosing this plan will provide higher benefit levels, but at a higher monthly premium cost.
Keep in mind that if you enroll in the PPO (MetLife Value) Plan, you may not change plans until the next annual enrollment, even if your dentist leaves the plan during the year.
Including frequency of covered services, out-of-network benefits, and providers
Contact MetLife “The website is not supported by Google Chrome. Please access via Safari, Foxfire or Internet Explorer."
Active Dental Plan Handbook FY14 file size 3MB
Active Dental Plan Handbook FY14 Word Document file size 5MB
Dental Benefit Questions (including co-payment amounts and questions)
The vision portion of the GIC Dental/Vision Plan is administered by Davis Vision. This plan provides a preferred provider network of nearly 1,300 Massachusetts providers, with additional providers across the country. Members receive basic services at no cost:
- routine eye examinations;
- collection frames;
- lenses; and
- scratch-resistant lens coating
Enhanced materials and services at preferred providers are covered at 100% after a copay. Members can also take advantage of Davis Vision discounts on additional eyewear.
When members do not use a preferred provider, they are reimbursed according to a fixed schedule of benefits.
Vision Benefit Questions (including co-payment amounts and providers)
Davis Vision 1-800-650-2466 (client code 7852)
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission.