If you are an active/retired employee and enrolled in GIC Optional Life Insurance insured by The Hartford, you now have additional services you can take advantage of. Estate Guidance helps you create a legal will quickly and conveniently online with the support of licensed attorneys, if needed. The service saves you the time and expense that it would take to create a will with a private attorney.
For more information:
- To learn more about the Estate Guidance service or to create a will go to the Estate Guidance website.
- Enter your promotional Code: WILLHLF
Estate Guidance services are provided through The Hartford by ComPsych.
When you’re traveling, emergencies can happen. Help is only a phone call away for employees covered under the Group Insurance Commissioner’s group policy through The Hartford.
Toll-free emergency assistance is available to you and your family 24 hours a day, seven days a week when traveling 100 miles or more from your primary home (national or international travel) for 90 days or less. In addition to emergency services, you have access to a wide range of pre-trip informational services. Multilingual service professionals stand ready to assist you before and during travel to over 200 countries worldwide.
If you are covered by the GIC policy from The Hartford and you need pre-trip information, emergency medical assistance or personal assistance services while traveling, contact Travel Assistance Services.
Toll-free from the U.S. or Canada: 800-243-6108
Collect from other locations: 202-828-5885
Please inform Travel Assistance Services that you are covered under the Group Insurance Commission, and provide a phone number where you can be reached, nature of the problem and this Travel Assistance Identification Number: GLD-09012.
If you have a serious medical emergency, please obtain emergency medical services first, and then contact Travel Assist for follow-up.
What services are provided?
- VISA, Passport, inoculation and immunization requirements.
- Embassy and consular referrals.
- Travel advisories.
Emergency Medical Assistance
- Medical referrals
- Medical monitoring
- Medical evacuation
- Medical repatriation (return home)
- Return of traveling companion
- Return of dependent children
- Visit from family member or friend
- Emergency medical payments
- Repatriation of remains
- Replacement of medication and sunglasses
Emergency Personal Services
- Sending and receiving messages
- Emergency travel arrangements
- Legal assistance/bail
Funeral Planning Services
Your life insurance policy entitles you to expert advice, assistance and services from the first nationwide funeral planning and concierge service—Everest.³ With Everest, you can plan a funeral ahead of time, making your wishes known to remove family uncertainty and doubt. At or near the time of death, Everest acts as a family advocate, providing as much personal assistance as your family desires.
Services provided include:
- Unlimited use of online planning, research and tools, such as “My wishes” planning Guide and PriceFinder Research Reports—the only nationwide database of funeral home prices.
- Concierge services from licensed funeral directors who document your family’s wishes and put that plan into action.
- Negotiation of the funeral costs, often resulting in significant financial savings.
To learn more about the Everest services, please call 866-854-5429 or visit the Everest Funeral website.
The first time you access Everest Funeral Planning services, you’ll need the Everest Funeral Planning Access Code: HFEHLF.
To help you or a loved one cope with the emotional, financial, and legal issues that can arise after a loss, The Hartford offers you access to Beneficiary Assist®.
Services provided include:
- Assessment and action planning to help develop an individualized course of action.
- Unlimited phone contact to grief counselors and financial and legal advisors for up to a year from the date the claim is approved.
- Up to five face-to-face sessions, or equivalent professional time for any combination of emotional counseling, financial planning, or legal advice.
- Referrals to additional resources outside the Beneficiary Assist service to support specific situations, such as long-term grief counseling, complex probate or estate planning and relocation.
Beneficiary Assist services are available to:
- The beneficiary of an insured who dies
- Insureds who qualify for the Accelerated Death benefit
- Insureds who qualify for benefits under the AD&D section of your policy
Call the toll-free numbers, 1-800-411-7239, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week to access these services.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission.