Four-week Challenge Begins by May 21 and Ends by June 18, 2014. See your agency’s WellMASS Champion for your agency’s Take 10 Physical Activity Challenge dates.
Your Goal: Increase your daily physical activity and see changes in your long-term behavior and lifestyle choices.
Description: This four-week program helps employees increase their physical activity. Weekly handouts provide participants with the tools and resources needed to track and achieve their fitness goals and gain health benefits. Each week will focus on a different physical activity topic, including stretching/flexibility, cardiovascular exercise, core strength, and arm/leg exercises. Participants earn points for completing activities, and they have the opportunity to earn extra points by exercising with a friend or family member. Participants who earn 20 points each week throughout the four-week Challenge will be entered into a raffle to win one of three Fitbit pedometers.
Duration: Four weeks.
Step 1: Review the Challenge Flyer for an overview of the Take 10 Physical Activity Challenge.
Step 2: Print and return to your WellMASS Champion the Participant Registration before the start date of your agency’s Challenge.
Step 3: Participate in the Challenge
During 1st week of the Challenge
- Read “ Week 1 Flexibility Exercises ” and complete activities
During 2nd week of the Challenge
- Return Week 1 Tracker .to your agency’s WellMASS Champion
- Read “ Week 2 Cardio Exercises ” and complete activities
During 3rd week of the Challenge
- Return Week 2 Tracker to your agency’s WellMASS Champion
- Read “ Week 3 Core Strength Exercises ” and complete activities
During 4th week of the Challenge
- Return Week 3 tracker to your agency’s WellMASS Champion.
- Read “ Week 4 Arm Leg Exercises ” and complete activities
After completion, return Week 4 tracker to your agency’s WellMASS Champion
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission.