Step It Up! is a fun, six-week program designed to help you increase the number of steps you take each day. The goal of Step It Up!is to work toward 10,000 steps — or approximately five miles — most days of the week. Sign up to participate in this six-week walking program, beginning September 4, 2012. Step It Up! is designed to give you the tools, skills and incentives to increase your physical activity level and improve your overall health. Throughout the six weeks, you will:
- Learn how to use a pedometer
- Understand why aiming for 10,000 steps is important
- Track your steps and progress
- Learn how to properly stretch before exercise
- Discover proper walking technique
- Gather tips to keep you motivated
- Squeeze in extra steps whenever possible
Register online at https://WellMASS.Staywell.com beginning August 20.
Resources to Help You Step it Up!
How active are you? Take the physical activity quiz
Find out the benefits of physical activity
How can you burn calories ?
Discover tips for finding time to exercise
Discover ways to be active everyday
Tips for starting your walking campaign
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission.