Starting the Conversation About End of Life Wishes
A coach can help with these efforts.
All GIC Health Plan Members have access to wellness programs through their health plan. Here is a listing of programs for each GIC health plan.
Active state employees working in the Executive Branch, Constitutional Offices, and the Legislature have an opportunity to improve their health with the GIC’s pilot WellMASS program. To be eligible, you must be enrolled in a GIC health plan.
Now that the New Year is here, many of us would like to lose a few pounds. For many people, it’s so easy to put weight on, but it’s a lot harder to take it off. Here are six strategies for losing weight.
- When does a slice of pizza equal two dollar bills?
By Elizabeth C. Malko, MD, Fallon Community Health Plan
- Thomas H. Ebert, M.D., Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of Health New England provides tips for healthy eating.
Exercising Aerobically and Strength Training Key to Maintaining and Losing Weight and Overall Health
- Obesity is quickly approaching tobacco as the number one cause of chronic disease. Massachusetts Department of Public Health statistics reveal that 10% of Massachusetts children aged 6-19 are overweight and another 17% are at risk of becoming overweight.
- Half of the population is now overweight, and if you're too heavy, and can stay motivated, losing weight reaps many rewards.
- Obese people have a significant risk of dying early, even if they don't smoke and are otherwise healthy, according to a recent New England Journal of Medicine study.
- Reading nutrition labels can be time consuming. However, once you compare brands and select the most nutritious option, you will know which choice is the most nutritious, making future shopping trips a breeze and improving your eating habits.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.