The federal government’s my Social Security online account offers some terrific features that help U.S. residents with their Social Security and Medicare eligibility. When you create an account, you can view and print a Social Security Benefit Verification Letter, which serves as proof for enrollment in GIC Medicare Plans as well as for:
- income when you apply for a loan or mortgage;
- income for assisted housing or other state or local benefits;
- current Medicare health insurance coverage;
- retirement status;
- disability; and
If you receive Social Security benefits or have Medicare, you can:
- Check your benefit and payment information and your earnings record; and
- Start or change direct deposit of your benefit payment.
If you do not receive Social Security benefits, you can receive:
- Estimates of your retirement, disability, and survivors benefits;
- Your earnings record; and
- The estimated Social Security and Medicare taxes you’ve paid.
For more information and to establish an account, visit the Social Security website.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission.