UniCare State Indemnity Plans and Tufts Navigator/Spirit Members – Take Advantage of Enrollee Assistance Program (EAP) Benefits for Short-term Support
If you are a member of any of the UniCare State Indemnity Plans (Basic, Community Choice, Medicare Extension OME and PLUS) or are a Tufts Navigator or Spirit member, you have Enrollee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits that can help support a variety of short-term emotional, financial, and legal issues. Unlike outpatient mental health and substance abuse counseling benefits that help treat a variety of longer term mental health and substance abuse issues like depression, anxiety, and substance abuse, EAP benefits are for short-term problems that can typically be worked through within three or four visits. EAP benefits for marital, stress management or adjustment counseling are covered at 100% with no copay. Depending on your health plan, you receive three or four face-to-face visits per year.
Other benefits include:
- Financial counseling: a 30-minute telephonic consultation with a financial counselor for assistance with credit repair, debt management, and budgeting.
- Financial Planning: a 30-minute initial consultation with a financial planner and 15% off of their rate for a Financial Plan Preparation.
- Legal Consultations: a 30-minute initial consultation with an attorney and 25% off the hourly rate for services contracted beyond the initial consultation.
- Child/Elder Care Benefit: help with locating a child or elder care provider that meets your needs.
- Domestic Violence Resources and Assistance: a confidential hotline and wide range of supportive services.
For additional information and to access your EAP benefits, contact Beacon Health Strategies;; 1.855.750.8980.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission.