UniCare State Indemnity Plans and Tufts Navigator/Spirit Members – Take Advantage of Enrollee Assistance Program (EAP) Benefits for Short-term Support
If you are a member of any of the UniCare State Indemnity Plans (Basic, Community Choice, Medicare Extension OME and PLUS) or are a Tufts Navigator or Spirit member, you have Enrollee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits that can help support a variety of short-term emotional, financial, and legal issues. Unlike outpatient mental health and substance abuse counseling benefits that help treat a variety of longer term mental health and substance abuse issues like depression, anxiety, and substance abuse, EAP benefits are for short-term problems that can typically be worked through within three or four visits. EAP benefits for marital, stress management or adjustment counseling are covered at 100% with no copay. Depending on your health plan, you receive three or four face-to-face visits per year.
Other benefits include:
- Financial counseling: a 30-minute telephonic consultation with a financial counselor for assistance with credit repair, debt management, and budgeting.
- Financial Planning: a 30-minute initial consultation with a financial planner and 15% off of their rate for a Financial Plan Preparation.
- Legal Consultations: a 30-minute initial consultation with an attorney and 25% off the hourly rate for services contracted beyond the initial consultation.
- Child/Elder Care Benefit: help with locating a child or elder care provider that meets your needs.
- Domestic Violence Resources and Assistance: a confidential hotline and wide range of supportive services.
For additional information and to access your EAP benefits, contact Beacon Health Strategies;; 1.855.750.8980.
This information provided by the Group Insurance Commission.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.