- The chapter of the Massachusetts General Laws governing the administration of civil service law
- Rules enforced by the Personnel Administrator that establish standards for the implementation of civil service law and supplement Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 31
- An applicant may request reviews to both the Human Resources Division and to the Civil Service Commission (specific timeframes and conditions apply).
- The Human Resources Division (HRD) has developed specific information regarding reduction in force such as layoffs, demotions, reemployment, reinstatement and military substitutes.
- Employees with permanent, civil service status often reference the procedures outlined in Massachusetts General Law (M.G.L., Chapter 31 and in the Personnel Administration Rules (PARs) to obtain information regarding employment personnel transactions and employment rights under civil service law. The Human Resources Division has provided informative guidelines pertaining to a number of common topics.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.